Us

Us

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My Family

So, I know I am slow at keeping this up.  Its a new concept to me...still.  

I have a 76 year old man in my life.  I call him DAD.  He has shown me how to love and how to provide for a family.  He has shown me and continues to show me how to be a great parent.  He always told me that the door is always open, no matter what he has going on.  

I have a 74 year old lady in my life.  I call her MOM.  She has shown me how to be a kind and loving mom.  She has shown me how to be a worthy woman.  She has shown me how to stand up for myself without degrading myself.  She has always been my sounding board and listening ear.

My parents wont be around forever.  I know this, but having them in my life for 36 years...  I cannot picture being anywhere else but close to them.  My boys love them so much and the joy my parents express when we are all together...it warms my heart.  

I have a 42 year old man in my life.  He is my husband.  I have been with him since September 2000 and married since July 2002.  He moved to New York in May 2001.  We have not had a the best of times all the time but we have made the best of what is dealt to us.  He was a massage therapist and we have been to Massachusetts but that didnt pan out.  Then we went to North Carolina and that was where we lived for about 2 years.  We had our oldest child there and came back to New York in March 2005.  He has held numerous callings for our church.  It took him 5 years to obtain an associates degree in Medical Billing and works current for a Family Care Medical Group.  He is currently the Young Men's 2nd Counselor in our church.

I have a 13 year old teenage boy in my life.  I call him Brycen.  He has tried basketball; soccer; t-ball.  But his most favorite is theater.  He was in the community theater musical Scrooge and is currently rehearing for the musical Sketch with the community theater.  He is in the National Junior Honor Society.  He is in 8th grade and his high school curriculum is very busy with Bio Health and will graduate with 1 year of college under his belt.  He is looking forward to serving a mission for our church when he turns 18.  Right now his is the Deacon Quorum President in our church.  He brings me joy and stress and happiness and pride.  He takes care of his brother when asked and when he notices it needs to be done.  He is very close with my parents.  


I have a 6 year old boy in my life.  I call him Payson.  He is in Kindergarten.  He loves school.  He loves his friends and enjoys going every day.  He is energetic, charismatic, hyper, loving, stressful.  He will look at you and do what he KNOWS he is not suppose and laugh.  He is reading the scriptures every night, at least 4 verses each time.  He is so proud of himself and does a great job.  He loves watching Weather Gone Viral and Weather Caught on Camera.  He cannot wait to turn 12 to pass sacrament.  He loves his big brother and wants to be with him all the time.  

We have 5 cats...Zora, Princess; Midnight; Cinnamon & Snowball.  We lost 1 cat (Prince) and 1 dog (Fifi) in 2017.  Fifi passed from uncontrolled Seizures and Prince died from a heart condition.  It was a hard blow to the family.  But, we know we will see them again.  

Our life isnt perfect...I am 36 years old.  I am a paramedic with the local ambulance TLC.  I am a Sunday School teacher in my church.  I work overnights so my children dont have to go to daycare.  I work 60+ hours a week to off set what my husband makes.  I am not a fan of winter.  I dont like cold.  My perfect temperature is 70 - 80 with sun and some rain.  I hide alot of my fears and depression and anxieties.  I am typically a strong person.  I have a small group of friends that can see through my masks.  

I love making friends. I defend my family and friends.  

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment